I had some success yesterday, I began by redrawing the plans for the new bellow cheeks, and I also standardized the plans for the leather, ignoring the Northumbrian style as well as the Irish bellow style. I thought why not experiment with my own style.
After drawing the plans, I cut the leather to the new plans.
I started on the Irish bellows, I glued the leather to the cheeks first instead of adding the screws to the cheeks, and then I loosely place the screws to keep the leather in place, and left it to dry for 24 hours.
I drilled the new holes in the new bellow cheeks and put a covering over the wood for decoration.
I then went to the lathe and finished off the bass drone, my best yet, a nice combination of woods (bubinga and cedar).